There are so many varieties of tarot, angel and oracle cards out there. Perhaps you heard of only Tarot cards. Are they the same as Angel or Oracle cards? Or are they all totally different? Is one better than the other?
Not that it’s critical to know the difference. At the end of the day, all cards provide insightful guidance and healing.
Prior to offering card readings with Reiki healing sessions, I had no idea there was a difference. In fact, card readings seemed intimidating! Based on what I’ve seen in the movies, such cards were scary and that creeped me out. But the cards are actually the opposite!
So let’s start with the basics. There are many similarities in that the cards are used for personal development and spiritual growth. The main difference is in their structure.
But there are so many types of cards out there so where’s a girl to start? Let me explain…
Tarot Cards: Tarot cards follow a particular structure. There are always five suits: the four minor arcana suits and the major arcana. Using tarot cards is a good starting point when providing a reading for yourself or others. Once you have experience, it will make it much easier to work with Oracle and Angel cards.
Oracle Cards: Oracle cards are more free-form in that they can be based around animals, angels, fairies and other subjects. Most Oracle decks have Tarot-inspired cards in them. These cards tend to be direct and specific. Oracle Cards are great to use alongside tarot cards, for more detailed messages.
Angel Cards: Angel cards are a popular form of Oracle cards. The cards are basically Oracle cards with an angelic theme. Angel cards offer healing guidance from your guardian angels. They offer detailed meanings and gentle messages that provide comfort for a distressing situation.
From personal experience, all these cards have provided priceless reassurance and validation, particularly clarity on next steps forward.
I’ll be honest, I use to hold the bias that card readings were too “woo-woo” and believed that they had a scary vibe to them. But boy was I wrong! So much insights I had missed out on all these years!
That’s why Silver Lined Days offers all three types of card readings in each Reiki healing session. Our mission is to provide busy women with healing guidance in order to achieve more peace and balance.
Now that you know the basics, here are 5 fun facts you need to know about each deck:
1. Tarot cards were originally playing cards in the mid-15th century in various parts of Europe. In the late 18th century, the cards began to be used to gain insight into a question or situation.
2. Angel card readings are not intended to provide a person with timing or specific details of people or places. The purpose of the cards are to provide healing guidance from the angels.
3. Oracle cards are an ancient and time-honored way to connect with Heaven and your angels. They’re based upon Pythagorean numerology, which teaches that numbers and images all vibrate in a very precise, mathematical manner.
4. Angel cards rely on channeled information from etheric realms that want love, care for and protection for humanity. The readings are produced by the interaction of energies of the seeker and the response of the angels to questions about a situation.
5. Tarot, Oracle and Angel card readings all operate within the Law of Attraction.Thus, your inquiries will always attract the perfect cards as answers. Each one you pull will exactly match the vibration of the question.