Getting ready for your Reiki I, II, or III attunement? Receiving an attunement is not only exciting but also a very meaningful milestone.
Distance attunements allow Reiki to be spread around the world. As thousands of Reiki distance attunements have proven, distance attunements are just as effective as in person attunements.
This is because energy is not limited by time, distance and space. Thus, the distance attunements operate under the same principles as a distance Reiki healing session.
Speaking from my experience of receiving several Reiki attunements via distance and in person, I did not feel there was a difference between either method. Though many of my Reiki mentors stand by that distance Reiki tends to be more effective since both parties are able to focus on meditating without any distractions.
Distance attunements are ideal for those who are unable to travel or attend a Reiki training. Some Reiki students may have an urgent need to become attuned to and use Reiki for personal healing. Or they would like to pursue a path in teaching and healing sooner rather than later.
Distance Attunement Preparation Guidelines
Distance attunements reinforce the fact that all living things are connected and can communicate at a deep unconscious level. Whether you are attuned through a distance attunement or in person, the key is to create our own self-care practice, to continue studying Reiki, and evolve as a healer.
Your intention to be attuned and work with Reiki is the key to a success attunement.
Below are a few things you can do to enhance the experience of receiving a distance attunement:
- Ideally, you be in a receptive state and ready to receive the attunement. Thus,you may meditate during the attunement.
- You may lie or sit down in a comfortable position. When the attunement begins, you can get up and move around and still receive the full attunement.
- Most individuals will enjoy the experience more if they set aside the time, and find a quiet place to receive the attunement. They may find it helpful to have their eyes closed and hands resting on their lap, palms facing upwards or held in a prayer position.
- Remember, receiving the distance Reiki attunement is only a part of the process. Learning and practicing Reiki is a lifelong journey. So commit time and practice to learn and master the techniques. Reiki is an intuitive practice but studying the material thoroughly gives intuition a starting point.
It’s important to understand that we all experience Reiki in different ways. Just like an in person Reiki session is experienced differently by each person, everyone will experience the distance attunement differently.
After all, we have different life experiences and challenges that we seek to heal.
Some of the most common experiences are as follows:
- feeling hot or cold
- see colors
- hear sounds or voices
- see spirit guides or past masters
There is no right or wrong way to experience the attunements and this is just the beginning of the journey with Reiki. Not everyone will have a dramatic experience and some individuals may have difficulty sensing Reiki energy during the attunement.
In order to receive the best experience during an attunement, both the Reiki Master and recipient should set the intention to be connected to Reiki energy and be relaxed and open.
Ready to incorporate more Reiki healing techniques to achieve more peace and balance in your busy lifestyle?